Friday, December 11, 2015

On Peanut Butter

Just want to write this down before I forget.

When Fig was younger, I used to give her bread with peanut butter, but I had to be extremely careful to only give her the slightest, thinnest spead peanut butter imaginable because she had a habit of wolfing down bread in big chunks in order to make a dash for her perch with it, and if it had peanut butter on it, the bread would surely lodge in her beak or throat where it would likely cause her to choke to death.

Now-a-days, I am still extremely cautious when I feed Fig peanut butter, but I probably do not need to be. She has long since learned that it is hazardous eating, and she now nibbles away at bread with peanut butter very gingerly out of caution, and sometimes, if the bread is not all that great, all she wants to eat is the good part with the peanut butter on it. It's like she's eating the topping off of pizza. Anyway, there are things like this which I now take for granted, but I never expected to witness Fig learning. It's just entertaining minutia, but it does demonstrate how clever Crows are.



No comments:

Post a Comment