Monday, May 18, 2015

Where's Waldo?

Or...Find Fig rather. 
Here are some photos from her recent adventures around town.
A couple of these are easy. One medium. One hard.  (top to bottom)

Good luck.
Notice her attentive eye contact, and vocalizing with me. That is constant. It is simple to tell if she has a visual read on me or not from her calls. When she can't see me, or isn't sure who I am in a crowd, her calling goes up in pitch, and frequency.

Notice that she is eyeballing Sea Hawks circling above, but she is assured and calm because I instructed her to relax and be quiet with a hand gesture; it is NOT her natural instinct to be silent when danger approaches, usually the Japanese Jungle Crows call Hok Hok Hok very alarmed when they see a Hawk, but she trusts me, and she also understands her flight limitations due to her injury, so she hunkers down, and fall silent, and motionless.  Fig has amazing judgement, and common sense. She probably also sees, or hears her Mom and Dad coming to her rescue before I do. One level up, two Pigeons are waiting to return to their nest very patiently. Fig is just above it.
 
Tarzan in action. Fearless, not, but near enough. 



 
You'll have a tough time spotting Fig in this photo, but once you have, notice that she is still maintaining perfect visual contact with me, and making certain that she is easy enough for me to spot with her erect posture, and placement. Clever lass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment