Sunday, May 3, 2015

Notes on Vision

1. Fig jumped down to the floor, turned around and dashed all of one inch, right into the screendoor. I've run into a screendoor myself before. Can be hard to see. No harm done.

2. At the park, late afternoon, in dimmed twighlight. I had a clear/ cloudy color tupperware to give Fig water in. She dipped her beak into it three times and did the "Rinsing out her beak motion" in full, where she opens her beak, and shakes/ rotates her head side to side. Three times! Like she was accomplishing the desired task! Finally she realized it was EMPTY! Having realized this, she then flew across the park to the water faucet which she had never visited before, landing down at the base, not on top like she would at a water fountain. She had evidently taken note(s) when I fetched water there before using my free hand to push the faucet's button, setting the cup on the grid below.  I walked over, filled the tupperware, and she washed out her beak and had a drink. I will never know if she was simply unable to see that there was no water in the semi-transparent tupperware at twighlight,  or if she was gesturing to me that she wanted water. Either way, it was an interesting thing to witness.  As usual, she had many bird fan admirers chatting her up which she obviously soaks up cheerfully, fluffing up and stepping closer to strangers cuddling up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment