Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Stress Test for Travel

I had the chance to travel with Fig for 18hours. I thought she would totally freak out. Instead she just went with the flow. Aside from sleeping in a different sleep box than usual she travels very well. It seems that the more alien her environment becomes, the more she simply kicks back and puts her trust in me. I even limited her food intake, and stretched time between drinks of water without complaint. I am certain if I ever have to take her on an airplane she will travel quietly, and calmly. She lost a little bit of sleep, which was obvious from her sleepiness the following morning, but I simply put her back to bed in the morning, and she woke up excited, and even crazier than usual, after a few extra hours in familiar surrounds, perhaps because she was happy to be home again. I thought for sure I'd end up covered in poop, with Fig losing her mind in panic, but she just cuddled up to me and enjoyed the wind in her hair.
It was a reassuring experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment