Thursday, March 19, 2015

Just a recent pic...more to come.

It is easy to tell when Fig is very sleepy; here you can see, she has dried off after her nightly shower and face wash, and is now very sleepy, and totally zoned out, staring blankly, cuddling her favorite bit of plastic jump rope as always. She is quite plump, having been fattened up a bit over the winter with more fat in her diet to endure the cold better with only one wing able to fully retract. Her neck feathers are clean, fluffy, and thick. Time to dim the lights for an hour before popping her into her insulated sleeping box for the night. I am planning to post many pics and videos soon. So far I haven't because I wanted to focus on recording what I have been learning about caring for this bird, and honestly, I have worried that she would never get this far, but I feel I have a better sense for how to care for her now, so perhaps I should be more optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment